Fall Out The Tree

Friday, March 30, 2007

Severely failing to buck the trend


I went to a pirates party a couple of weeks ago. It was amazing. A week before i bought a skull and cross-bones scarf for it. I bought it simply for the party, but i started wearing it that week before the party and i got to like it, a lot. In fact i loved my new scarf.

I got home and my youngest sister, who is a bit of a punk/emo hipster, asked me why i had the scarf, and said that i was wearing it wrong. She said ALL the emo kids are wearing these now and they are really in fashion.

Really? I had no idea. Here is me thinking i just had a scarf i liked, and really i'm buying into the latest trend. Blast. It's not that i insist upon being unfashionable (although judging from my clashing colours and dubious taste you could be forgiven for thinking so) but i don't want to look like a clone of everyone else.
Worst of all, just now i discovered it was a trend started by Kate Moss - who made fashionable the Alexander McQueen skull scarf (apparently this is their trademark design, well who even knew that). Worst of all Lindsay Lohan wears it. And she is really mean and nasty to everyone.

Blast. Well i suppose i shouldn't worry too much, Anna seems to have stolen it now. She wears it everyday to school so i doubt i'll see it again any time soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home